Google
 

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

DVD: Alfred Hitchcock Legends Series

Every once in a while I add to Mike's DVD collection. Last week I found "Alfred Hitchcock The Legend Begins" from the Mill Creek Legend series. It was in the $5.00 bin at WalMart. This set has 20 movies for five bucks! There are four disks with five movies each. They average 1hr. 45min in length.
The first movie: "The Lady Vanishes" was enjoyable and watchable. It was about an hour and forty five minutes.
The next two movies on disk one: "The Farmer's Wife" and "The Manxman" were silent movies and sadly, unwatchable. They are broken up in many spots with pixels and cause the player to freeze. With a lot of fussing I was able to get the gist of "The Farmer's Wife". When I saw "The Manxman" would be more of the same I gave it up.
The "Chaney Vase" and "the Sorcerer's Apprentice" are both from the "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" show. I was a die hard fan of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" which aired between 1955-1962. Those are only 24 minutes each. Did the advertising only go on for 6 minutes?! I dont remember.
That is all from disk one.
I do hope the rest will be watchable too as I hate getting what I pay for when I did not pay much.

No comments: